- Prior to the hunt, hunters are requested to contact the Land Trust by completing the Hunter Information Form on our website.
By requesting this information, we can determine how many hunters intend to hunt at each site, and also assess the effectiveness of the hunting program in reducing deer and turkey populations.
- Use of Door County Land Trust Preserves is a privilege extended to all legally-permitted hunters who abide by the rules and regulations of the WI-DNR and the Door County Land Trust. Failure to do so may result in loss of hunting privilege and if warranted, to referral to the WI-DNR and/or Door County Sheriff for possible enforcement action.
- Portable hunting stands and structures (including trail cameras) are permitted for day use only and must be removed each night. All stands and structures must contain ownership information (name, address, and phone number). If a stand or other structure is left overnight it will be dismantled and removed by staff or preserve stewards.
- The following activities are not allowed:
- cutting trees or vegetation or removing brush from properties
- deer drives
- motorized vehicles of any kind
- Hunters must respect adjacent private property. If a hunter needs to follow a wounded animal onto private lands, prior permission must be obtained from the landowner.
- Hunting dogs may be off leash while engaged in hunting provided they are under voice control of the hunter at all times.
- Hunters are asked to help “keep an eye” on things when hunting and to inform the Land Trust if there are any activities taking place on the property of which we should be aware.
Door County Land Trust Preserves at which Hunting is Permitted
Click on a preserve name below to view or print a map showing areas open to hunting for that preserve in Adobe PDF format.
|Preserve Name||Map||Township||Fall Traditional Deer Gun||Deer Gun Special Hunts||Deer Bow||Spring Turkey Bow||Spring Turkey Gun||Fall Turkey Bow||Fall Turkey Gun||All Other WI-DNR Game Seasons|
|Bay Shore Blufflands Nature Preserve Zone 1||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Bay Shore Blufflands Nature Preserve Zone 2||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||no||no||no||no||no||no||no||no|
|Chambers Island Nature Preserve Zone 1||Hunting Map||Gibraltar||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||no||no||no|
|Chambers Island Nature Preserve Zone 2||Hunting Map||Gibraltar||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Detroit Harbor Nature Preserve Zone 1||Hunting Map||Washington||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Detroit Harbor Nature Preserve Zone 2||Hunting Map||Washington||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Domer Neff Nature Preserve and Bird Sanctuary||Hunting Map||Washington||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Ephraim Nature Preserve at Anderson Pond||Hunting Map||Ephraim (Village of)||no||no||yes||yes||no||yes||no||no|
|Gibraltar-Ephraim Swamp Natural Area||Hunting Map||Ephraim (Village of)||no||no||yes||yes||no||yes||no||no|
|Gilson-Peterson Forest Natural Area||Hunting Map||Ellison Bay||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Heins Creek Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Baileys Harbor||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Hibbard Creek Natural Area||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Kangaroo Lake Nature Preserve Zone 1||Hunting Map||Baileys Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Kangaroo Lake Nature Preserve Zone 2||Hunting Map||Baileys Harbor||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Kellner Fen Natural Area Zone 1||Hunting Map||Sturgeon Bay||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Kellner Fen Natural Area Zone 2||Hunting Map||Sturgeon Bay||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Kellner Fen Natural Area Zone 3||Hunting Map||Sturgeon Bay||no||no||no||no||no||no||no||no|
|Lautenbach Woods Nature Preserve Zone 1||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Lautenbach Woods Nature Preserve Zone 2||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Legacy Nature Preserve at Clay Banks||Hunting Map||Clay Banks||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Little Lake Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Washington||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Mostek Natural Area||Hunting Map||Washington||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Oak Road Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Picha Woods Natural Area||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Richter Community Forest Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Washington||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
|Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Sturgeon Bay (City of)||special rules apply||no||special rules apply||special rules apply||no||special rules apply||no||no|
|Three Springs Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Sister Bay||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Walt's Woods Natural Area||Hunting Map||Baileys Harbor||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|White Cliff Nature Preserve||Hunting Map||Egg Harbor||yes||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
The tracts listed below are open to hunting, however, please be aware that they are relatively small in size and located in remote areas. To locate a taxparcel number on a web map, please visit the Door County Land Information Portal.
Tax Parcel Identification
|Tax Parcel Identification #||Location||Fall Traditional Deer Gun||Deer Gun Special Hunts||Deer Bow||Spring Turkey Bow||Spring Turkey Gun||Fall Turkey Bow||Fall Turkey Gun||All Other WI-DNR Game Seasons|
|028-02-23342931A1 & 028-02-23342931A2||Washington Island||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|028-03-04333011A & 028-03-04333011F||Washington Island||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
Hunting is Not Permitted at the Following Door County Land Trust Preserves
The preserves listed below are not open for any hunting seasons. These areas may be guided by a management agreement that does not permit hunting, or they may be too small in size, located in residential neighborhoods, or too ecologically sensitive for off-trail foot traffic.
Boo’s Bluff Natural Area
Erskine Woods Natural Area
Dammon-Welcker Natural Area
Griffin Woods Natural Area
Haswell Natural Area
Indian Point Natural Area
Washington Harbor Scenic Overlook
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or for more information about hunting or trapping at Door County Land Trust preserves.
Visit the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WI-DNR) website to find out the dates of this year’s hunting seasons.
To locate a tax parcel number on a web map, please visit the Door County Land Information Portal.
Join the Land Trust to Help Protect More Wildlife Habitat
If you are not already a supporter of the Land Trust, we hope you will consider Becoming a Member. Membership dues and donations provide the needed financial resources to protect lands in Door County. Your donation will increase our ability to protect, maintain and restore wildlife habitat in Door County and continue to provide public recreation and hunting opportunities.